Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week 4

Halfway there! Only 4 weeks to go!
Fleas, Weevils, Ants, Dust Mites, Kids, and a Snake.
This week was a week of plagues. I am still battling the fleas that Maggie brought into the house two months ago. Vacuuming everyday and washing her bedding every few days.
I discovered a weevil outbreak in a small pack of crackers and didn’t want it to spread any further. I spent two days cleaning out my entire pantry and putting everything in plastic containers.
Just about when I was finished with the pantry, Aiden started yelling about the ants on the kitchen floor. I thought that he was just overreacting to a few small ants. When I finally came to see what he was so concerned about, I found a highway of what looked like a million ants who were loving a sticky spot on my floor. So the kitchen floor and all the floor boards got a good scrub.
Aiden has been coughing for several weeks. I finally took him to the allergists who reminded me that Aiden’s biggest allergy is to dust mites. I needed check the pillow covers, mattress covers, no stuffed animals, etc. So of course I had to get busy cleaning. I gave Aiden’s room and all the upstairs a serious cleaning.
By Friday I was more than exhausted. I skipped my stroller strides class and let Max and Jenna-grace play in the back yard. I didn’t want them to step in any of Maggie’s poop, so I spent a few minutes scooping. With my handy scooper claw in hand, I was focused on a particular target when I realized that I was standing about two feet away from a snake!! After the shock wave passed, I got a good look at it and determined that it was just a garden snake. It was a decent size; definitely not a baby. As soon as I baked away, it quickly retreated under a very large planter box. Even though it was not a poisonous snake, I still had a very thorough talk with each of the kids about what to do if they see a snake.
Needless to say, this week, exercise was not at the top of my list. But I did get to class a few times and I ran 2.5 miles in 26 minutes on Saturday!

As a side note.... BYU is now ranked 8th in the Nation!!!

4 comments:

Nana said...

Snake! Scary! Sounds like you have been really busy!

Anonymous said...

my goodness =) I hate weavels. We got them a few months ago and I did the same thing. I am SO proud of you and the excercise. Very awesome. I wish you were here so we could do it together.

Anonymous said...

Jamie you rock! I am so proud of you. I think you are doing awesome, and looking awesome! Just remember, as you are cleaning up after kids and dogs, cleaning and scrubbing for bugs, and scooping up poo; it could be worse.... you could be the Dog with the fleas! Jo

Deborah said...

Wow what a week! I'm so proud of your exercise plan! That is awesome!! I love your blog, your kids are growing so fast. It's fun to check in every once in a while. You guys look great!