Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The 8 week Plan

Over the past two years (since Max was born) Eric and I have been working on our health. We both felt that we had put on a few too many ‘baby pounds.’ Me gaining with the pregnancies. Especially the last two, being born only 11 months apart. I felt like I was pregnant for a solid two years! (Aren’t Elephants pregnant for that long?) Eric gaining out of sympathy for my pregnancies. (Who wants to eat ice cream alone at two in the morning?)
But over the last two years Eric and I have lost over 60 pounds each! We feel stronger and healthier, but not finished. We have more to lose, but the whole process is getting old. We took a break over the summer. Now we are ready to give one good last push before we put the diet on the shelf and just maintain a healthy lifestyle, for a while, without trying to lose.


It is an eight week program that we started on September 1st. Counting down to the Race for the Cure on October 25th. Our goal is to exercise everyday (except Sunday). On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I am going to either Stroller Strides or to kickboxing at the YMCA. Eric is doing push-ups. On Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday we are running. Our running plan starts at 1.5 miles each day and increases little by little to get us further and faster by race day.

I wanted to share this with you, our friends and family, because we have been so supported by you over the past two years. Your support and encouragement has made the difference for us.

Week 1: It is so hard starting any new routine. I ran the Chick-fil-A 5K on the 1st. I barely made it through the first two miles, and then had to walk the rest. 39 min. Not impressed. My best time is 35 min. I want to do the Race for the Cure in under 30. I have my work cut out for me. Then I skipped Tue. Uhhh, is busy an excuse? Wednesday’s kickboxing class was not up to par. It is not good when your instructor is more tired than you are. Then I skipped Thursday. Busy again! Still not an excuse. Friday I went to my first Stroller Strides class in over four months. Wow! I forgot how tuff and great that class is. I was sore for three days! Saturday was the first group meeting of the team I put together for the Big Race. I ended up helping a slower runner keep up her effort. Only 1 mile completed. Not the best week, but it can only up from here.

If you would like to join the team for the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure. Check out our team page. Click here.
Love you guys!

By the way, BYU won again last Saturday!! A game that we completely deserved to win, and won it fairly, no matter what the sports news people are saying! The officials made quite a few calls that were “iffy” against both teams. UCLA next week. It is going to be a tuff one, but this one is at home.

5 comments:

jewly said...

Sounds like a great workout plan. You can do it! Hopefully I will get back to the gym soon and I will see you there.

Christine said...

You are so inspiring! I am planning to do the race -I'll let you know for sure!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

You are AWESOME!!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Way to go, Jamie! I'm so proud of you!!! I need to get on your bandwagon..

Anonymous said...

That is amazing you lost so much weight. I am so proud of you. I want to see pictures.