Thursday, October 30, 2008

Time Out!


Every now and then when people find out that Max was born only 11 months after Jenna-Grace, I will get asked "is it getting any easier?" For a while I could honestly say that it was getting easier everyday. But now, I feel things are shifting a bit. Jenna-grace has gotten used to pushing her own agenda. Max is now old enough to have an opinion and has started voicing it. More than that, there is even a little rivalry between them. If I ask Jenna-grace to get something for me, Max will start yelling "I do it, I do it!" The next thing I know they are screaming, pushing and fighting each other to get what ever I asked for. Sweet... I know. That is how they act when I am asking for help. Can you imagine how they handle sharing toys? Some days I feel like we have been crying all day.

So, we have a rule in the house, that I have recently started enforcing with these two. *No Screaming in the house. This seems to work better than No fighting, because that is like saying No wiggling. For two year olds, that is impossible. But I am trying to help them figure out how to resolve their conflict with softer words. Or at least with any words.

Our time-out place is the bottom of the stairs. I think these two feel like they are being given cruel and unusual punishment. It just might be. . . for me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wheatley Family said...

I hear your sister~! I hear you~ I think I will try the no screaming rule. my girls both scream like.... well girls!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

These pictures are priceless! It was good to see you today. I hate that we're on different schedules. We should plan something for next Tuesday.